The highlight for all mountain enthusiasts!
The new Via Ferrata Avventura at Speikboden
This Via Ferrata has truely earned the name "Avventura"! Three-rope bridge, Burmabridge, plank bridge or chimes - these are just a few elements that await you on the new Via Ferrata at Speikboden! Beautifully laid out, with many steps and final summit cross, the trail offers a breathtaking view through the Ahrntal valley.
The starting point is at the Station Speikboden Alm at 2.000m, which can be reached by cablecar. After a 30-minute hike on the forest road in direction to Luttach, you reach the entrance of the Via Ferrata Avventura. A total of 10 sections have to be climbed before reaching the summit cross of the mountain "Kleiner Nock". The tour is designed as a circular route, the return path is on the hiking trail no. 18a, back to the starting point.
- Difficulty: B/C (moderately difficult), min. age 12 years
- Start/finish point: Station Speikboden Alm at 2.000m, reachable by the cablecar Speikboden
- Entrance: From the station Speikboden Alm via the forest path A in direction to Luttach, 20 min
- Ascesa: 350 m in altitude, 3 h
- Return path to the station Speikboden Alm: path no. 18a, 1 h
- Time needed in total: min. 3 h 30 min
- Last descent with the cablecar Speikboden: 5:00 pm (in august: 6:00 pm)
- Best season: June-October
- View: Rieserfernergruppe, Venedigergruppe, Zillertaler alps
- Equipment: climbing harness, set Via Ferrata, helmet, solid shoes
Rental of the equipment
It is possible to rent the equipment for the Via Ferrata at the mountain station of the cablecar Speikboden. The daily rate for the complete equipment (climbing harness, set Via Ferrata and helmet) is as follows:
- 15.00 € for adults
- 7.50 € for children under 16 years
- 7.00 € for single parts of the equipment (for example only a set Via Ferrata or only a helmet)
For each adult who rents equipment, one child under 12 years of age gets the Via Ferrata equipment free of charge for the same period. The rental equipment can also be booked ONLINE.
Guided tour Via Ferrata
Try the Via Ferrata. Even as beginners you will find the flow because our mountain guides will be by your side. We will show you every handle and every step, and you will make it higher and higher along the rocky Via of Speikboden. Learn more!