The highlight for all mountain enthusiasts.
Via Ferrata Avventura in Natura at Speikboden
In the mood for a controlled thrill? Anyone who feels secure on the rocks and has already tried out a few via ferratas can rise to the next level of adrenaline kick on the “Avventura in Natura” via ferrata on the Speikboden. After a leisurely approach via the forest track and through the woods, this via ferrata will soon show you what it’s all about.
Despite the many footholds, this route offers up a challenge for visitors. Various bridges span small gorges, play elements mean that it never gets boring, and a vertical ladder provides a successful conclusion on the way to the Kleiner Nock summit cross. The climbing here is so enjoyable that the panoramic view at the end is only one of the many highlights. The descent and return to the cable car is via what is, for the Speikboden, a typical trail through pines and over stone slabs and is absolutely well worth the hike.
The entrance to the via ferrata is located in the woodland below the Kleiner Nock slope after a short descent from the Speikboden cable car. This via ferrata has an exit at one third distance.
The starting point is at the Station Speikboden Alm at 2.000m, which can be reached by cablecar. After a 30-minute hike on the forest road in direction to Luttach, you reach the entrance of the Via Ferrata Avventura. A total of 10 sections have to be climbed before reaching the summit cross of the mountain "Kleiner Nock". The tour is designed as a circular route, the return path is on the hiking trail no. 18a, back to the starting point.
- Difficulty: B/C (moderately difficult), min. age 12 years
- Start/finish point: Station Speikboden Alm at 2.000m, reach it by the cablecar Speikboden
- Entrance: From the station Speikboden Alm via the forest path A in direction to Luttach, 20 min
- Ascesa: 350 m in altitude, 3 h
- Return path to the station Speikboden Alm: path no. 18a, 1 h
- Time needed in total: min. 3 h 30 min
- Last descent with the cablecar Speikboden: 5:00 pm (in august: 6:00 pm)
- Best season: June-October
- View: Rieserfernergruppe, Venedigergruppe, Zillertaler alps
- Equipment: climbing harness, set Via Ferrata, helmet, solid shoes
Rental of the equipment
It is possible to rent the equipment for the Via Ferrata at the mountain station of the cablecar Speikboden. The daily rate for the complete equipment (climbing harness, set Via Ferrata and helmet) is as follows:
- 16,00 € for adults
- 8,00 € for children under 16 years
- 8,00 € for single parts of the equipment (e.g. only a set Via Ferrata or only a helmet)
For each paying adult, one child under the age of 12 years can borrow via ferrata equipment for the same time period free of charge.The rental equipment can also be booked ONLINE.
Guided tour Via Ferrata
Try the Via Ferrata. Even as beginners you will find the flow when our mountain guides will be by your side. We will show you every handle and every step, and you will make it higher and higher along the rocky Via of Speikboden. Learn more!